August was an interesting month for me. I didn’t really expect reading too many books but I got into a situation where I needed a major stress buster so I read 5 books in 5 days. I absolutely loved it. Here are the books I picked up in the month of August.
1. The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J Klune – 5/5
A book that I fell in love with, so much that I’m shoving it on people to read. The world needs more books like this. The world needs to know stories like these. Read my complete review: THE HOUSE IN THE CERULEAN SEA
2. Hunted by the Sky by Tanaz Bathena – 4/5
Published in June 2020, this is the part one of the Wrath of Ambar series. It’s an Indian fantasy which worked it’s way up my alley and now I need more of it. It is also one of my picks for #OwnVoices books. Read my complete review: HUNTED BY THE SKY
3. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides – 3.5/5
A psychological thriller which won several awards and rightly so, it was so good. Originally published in February of 2019, it has been picked up to be a movie. Read my complete review: THE SILENT PATIENT
4. Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim – 3.5/5
Unravel the dusk is the part 2 of the blood of stars duology released in the July of 2020. It was a good conclusion to the adventure fantasy. Read my complete review: UNRAVEL THE DUSK
5. The Carpet Weaver by Nemat Sadat – 3.5/5
6. My Father’s Garden by Hansda Sowvendra Shekar – 3/5
7. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo – 4/5
8. We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – 4/5
The part one of the Sands of Arawiya series is this brilliant fantasy released on 14th may, 2019. It was filled with adventure and a lot of strong characters.
9. 10 Things I hate about Pinky by Sandhya Menon – 5/5
The last part of the Dimpleverse also happened to be my last read of August 2020. Released on 30th June 2020, this YA Romance manages to steal your hearts with all the emotions it puts you through.
That was an amazing month filled with some amazing reads! Can’t wait for the next month because my tbr is raging 🙂